A cloud-native mindset is indispensable for digital transformation. The year 2020 drastically revolutionized the entire tech world. A series of unprecedented events compelled industry leaders to embark on a transformational journey to succeed in the digital-first world. Moreover, the rapid pace of digital disruption has pushed organizations to consider business models, and cloud-native is making them consider delivery models to realize goals in the modern world.
“Cloud-native is structuring teams, culture, and technology to utilize automation and architectures to manage complexity and unlock velocity.” – Joe Beda, Co-Founder, Kubernetes and Principal Engineer, VMware
Cloud-native application development has emerged as the latest wave of digital disruption. Cloud-native facilitates organizations to bring ideas to the market at lightning speed as markets have become incredibly dynamic and customers have become highly demanding. Some of the famous cloud-native app characteristics include elasticity, secure multi-tenancy, resiliency, and mobility. Companies reorganize people, processes, and workflows to adopt cloud-native approaches. Cloud-native apps are meant to capitalize on the benefits of cloud computing. Let’s explore.
Setting The Building Blocks For Cloud-Native
- Microservices – Microservices are pivotal to cloud-native app architecture as they highlight business functionalities. Corporate giants are using a cloud-native approach along with Agile processes, microservices architecture, and DevOps tools. Serverless enables microservices that inject strength to continuous delivery and deployment. Microservices improve modularity and facilitate the teams to develop, deploy, and scale services independently.
- Containers – The worldwide container management revenue will grow strongly from a small base of $465.8 million in 2020 to reach $944 million in 2024, says Gartner. Public cloud container orchestration and serverless container offerings will witness phenomenal growth in the coming years. Every app and process is packaged in its container, which fast-tracks robustness and transparency. Containerization is transforming software development and deployment.
- DevOps – DevOps injects automation into the production process and aims to shift the programs from design to production. Its adoption helps organizations put development methodologies in place, execute cloud-native development practices and develop the apps. Microservices, containers, and DevOps reinforce a cloud-native strategy that ensures business agility.
- CI/CD – CI/CD acts as a best practice that Agile DevOps teams leverage to manage business requirements, code quality, and security needs. Developing a CI/CD pipeline is crucial in cloud infrastructure. Cloud-native apps get more robust and swift with time as and when their development integrates with CI/CD-based pipelines. Implementing CI/CD to deploy cloud-native apps can effectively streamline development and deployment phases.
Enable Digital Transformation With The Cloud-Native Mindset
Cloud-native computing brings a digital disruption that enables the cloud to create business value. Most of the time, organizations often get confused between going cloud-native or being a cloud migrant. The journey to the cloud needs thoughtful navigation and smart strategies.
Businesses capitalize on the distinctive features of the cloud platforms, such as bi-directional innovation, robust product ideations, resilience, and elasticity with cloud-native. It is the future of app development with a massive potential for business impact. Let’s understand the benefits of cloud-native apps.
- Innovation – Cloud-native apps facilitate businesses to introduce new products or services at a tremendous pace. The automated elements integrated during development inject agility quickly making the updates to realize the business goals. These apps assimilate data across every business vertical. As a result, advanced analytics can help enterprises to make more informed decisions.
- Scalability – Cloud-native apps can scale services independently and automatically through Microservices. The microservice architecture enables the independent development of apps. These apps can be modified, deployed, and managed individually as there is a lack of dependency on one another. These apps have the agility and flexibility required to pace up with business growth.
- Speed – Cloud-native improves the speed of service assembly to help businesses quickly respond to market changes. Organizations speed up the team’s productivity and enhance output through cloud-native capabilities. These strategies allow IT professionals to inject robustness into the app development processes. Speed acts as a competitive advantage that helps companies win big in the digital landscape.
- Cost – The pay-as-you-go model allows organizations to develop and run apps in a cost-effective manner as they only have to pay as per the resources consumed. These apps follow an operating expenditure model that lowers the total expenses against the on-premise apps with the capital expenditure model, which requires substantial upfront expenses.
- Resilience – Modern cloud-native approaches like microservices and kubernetes can help organizations build apps with resilience. Cloud-native leads to better uptime, lowered downtime, and improved experience. These apps are resilient to downtime and outages as during a failure, and the app processing moves from one data center to another without any interruption in the service.
Some Of The Famous Tools To Manage Cloud-Native Applications
Develop Smarter And Deliver Faster With Cloud-Native
Digital transformation entails rearrangements in people, processes, technology and culture which stands true for cloud-native apps as well. Organizations are gearing up to embrace change management strategies and prepare a well-sketched roadmap to embark on this new journey.
Cross-functional teams help organizations connect technology and industry experts to develop technically sound. To thrive in the modern dynamic world, cloud-native app development is indispensable for businesses to achieve goals, ensure survival, and overcome the technological challenges that future beholds.
How Can Zymr Ease Your Cloud-Native Journey?
With open standards for interoperability, develop apps that capitalize on the potential of the cloud environment. Experience the development services comprising Microservices, Containers, Dynamic Orchestration, and Continuous Delivery. Build highly scalable apps that can be seamlessly deployed, adapted, or upgraded with us as we have,
- Automation-first mindset
- Seamless API integration
- Future-proof cloud solutions
- Twelve-Factor app methodology
- Reference design/perspective architecture
- Industry-specific templates
Build an innovative organization with the help of an intelligent business suite of cloud-based apps from the base to further achieve superior robustness, better security, seamless growth, and future-proof your business to combat disruptive market challenges with us.
Our cloud native application development services can help you achieve cloud-native maturity and experience enhanced DevOps efficiency, speed, and agility in the face of transforming market realities. Build, design, and deploy the apps to get a competitive advantage and drive your business growth with Zymr.