As per Global Markets Insights Inc., the healthcare cloud computing market will be worth $55 billion by 2025. Considering scalability and storage as age-old expectations, today’s healthcare organizations are increasingly drawing towards the cloud technology for its stunning features like collaboration, reachability, efficiency, and security to quote a few. As a matter of fact, the benefits of Cloud Computing in healthcare have increased manifold, as cloud is aligned with HIPAA compliances along with providing personalized & remote patient care.
Keeping other business imperatives under the loop, ‘Quality’ has undoubtedly become the cornerstone of modern healthcare organizations. Cloud computing technology is much more than a primary choice for futuristic healthcare professionals. From ever-increasing operational expenses, infrastructural costs, strict government compliances, and security concerns to real-time information sharing, hasslefree communication, 24*7 access, and robust backup, these are the hindrances that the healthcare domain is struggling with. This blog will provide valuable insights into the advantages of cloud computing in the healthcare industry.
To effectively address the needs of business and patients, tech-savvy healthcare professionals are turning towards cloud computing for all its benefits. Cloud computing, with its on-demand availability, internet-based services, and high-data availability, has transformed the entire healthcare domain and converted it into HealthTech.
1. Collaboration: Sharing facilitates collaboration. With cloud computing, the process of data sharing has become a lot easier and simpler. As healthcare information is meant to stay confidential, with the cloud, the data can be securely shared among all the relevant healthcare stakeholders like doctors, nurses, and care-givers that, too, in real-time.
Apart from sharing, they can also remotely access medical reports and records anytime, anywhere. Cloud has also facilitated remote conferencing, quick updates on healthcare developments, and patients’ conditions, which altogether make it a perfect companion for healthcare professionals.
2. Security: Healthcare data needs to stay confidential. The abundant data held by this domain makes it a focal point of attraction to the malicious actors, resulting in security and data breaches. The cloud network ensures safety as it has specific security tools that can inform you about suspicious attempts.
As cloud acts as a repository of data, cloud service providers like AWS or Azure are extra cautious in complying with the privacy standards like HIPAA and GDPR. These service providers resort to different safeguard mechanisms like network fireball, customer-controlled encryption, etc., which makes it the safest and most reliable option for data-related needs.
=> Related Article: How AI-driven robots are changing the dynamics of the healthcare industry.
3. Cost: Cloud can hold an enormous amount of information at a very minimal cost. Cloud computing works on the pay-as-you-go and subscription model, which indicates you only have to pay for those services which you are availing.
By shifting the IT budgets from Capex to Opex, cloud technology can reduce your in-house infrastructural costs and other operational costs to a great extent. It ultimately makes it even possible for smaller hospitals with a tight budget to adopt a cloud-based model.
4. Speed: Speed is a significant criterion before making decisions about selecting any technology. Cloud-based tools can update and upgrade their features at a commendable pace with minimal intervention, and you can get real-time updates as well on all the relevant information.
The benefits of cloud computing in healthcare include unmatched speed and faster access to information, which can overcome the stumbling blocks which the industry stakeholders and patients are encountering. This futuristic technology has also modified the scope of clinical research, and the cloud can facilitate clinical trial management and knowledge sharing.
5. Scalability and Flexibility: Healthcare organizations operate in a dynamic environment. Cloud facilitates technologies that are used in healthcare like electronic medical records, mobile apps, patient portals, devices with IoT, big data analytics. It provides hassle-free scalability and flexibility, which in turn improves the ultimate decision-making process.
Along with 24*7 availability, healthcare providers drastically need to scale the data storage and network requirements as per the service demands. Cloud technology can increase or decrease these storage needs as per the need of healthcare professionals.
As cloud migration can completely disrupt your traditional methodologies of data handling, healthcare providers need to strategize the migration process well in advance. Cloud migration strategy not only reduces risks but also minimizes the chances of downtime, prevents information leaks, improves data handling, and strengthens security practices.
=> Related Article: Digital Transformation Spurring A Revolution In The Realm of Healthcare Industry
With a multitude of benefits of cloud computing in healthcare, the market is bound to surpass $40 billion by 2026. Zymr provides full-stack cloud software development for the healthcare industry. Our healthcare services include Patient Apps, Clinical Apps, EHR Integration, Health Analytics, and Healthcare IoT.
Patient-centric apps have become a prime focus of Healthcare Delivery Organizations (HDO). Our focus is on these apps to securely integrate with the EHR system and ecosystem of care providers, where patients can easily access their medical records and health reports, track behavioral health, schedule appointments and connect with nurses and doctors.
Clinical apps can aid physicians and care teams to provide continuous care. Physicians and nurses can access patients (telemed), records, and reports. Our focus is on HIPAA compliance and over security concerns to open these apps for broader integration with the healthcare IT ecosystem.
EHR integration is all about integrating apps with HDO EHR/EMR system to provide value to the healthcare providers. Our focus is on Healthcare service orchestration, patient onboarding, and tracking on EHR systems, FHIR clinical and billing resource integration, legacy EMR integration, and Epic, MEDITECH, CoCENTRIX, and Practice Fusion.
Health analytics gives valuable insights into healthcare data to enhance healthcare data. Our focus is on big data analysis, reporting service separated by HDO, the security of EHR, and compliance, medical-errors, and cost-benefit reports.
Healthcare IoT is about IoT-based apps for patients and HDOs to facilitate healthcare delivery. Our focus is on the patient IoT-based monitoring system, medicine tracking, and fall detection apps, Hospital-IoT based equipment tracking, environmental apps, and lab maintenance, as well as on clinical IoT-based care automation tools.
Partner with us to deliver the best possible patient care. Contact us to know more about our cloud computing services!
This contact form is available only for logged in users.