Cloud is susceptible to a multitude of vulnerabilities as it matures to become better and bolder. Cloud security challenges have kept every IT leader on their toes. Statista estimated the global cloud security software market to reach approximately 37 billion U.S. dollars by 2026. Let that sink in. Hackers and cybercriminals continue to become more sophisticated and malicious as you must have read about the cloud security breaches that splash across the news headlines. You need to proactively identify and manage the security risks which are unique to cloud computing that can make or break your business in your rush to the cloud; misconfigurations and mismanagement. Misconfigurations and mismanagement can lead to severe security threats in your public cloud setup. Mature cloud security solutions and practices thus can help you boost cyber resilience, improve revenue curves, and maximize returns in cloud investments. Without any further ado, let’s take a quick look at the most common cloud vulnerabilities that are a plague on your business and can put you at risk,
Cloud Security Challenges - Misconfigurations And Mismanagement
- Cloud can act as a double-edged sword. It has gained popularity for its ability to make things fast and convenient which unfortunately gives rise to costly security incidents of misconfigurations that can put security at stake. IAM policy, misconfigurations related to storage, container, network access control, database, workload, and image, unrestricted ICMP, Non-HTTP/HTTPS port, outbound, and inbound access, search set-up errors, or more.
- You can centralize identity and access wherever possible, enable multifactor authentication, establish a secure configuration management program, execute network monitoring solutions like network detection and response (NDR), enable strong encryption, perform regular reviews of all identity roles and policies, ensure cloud orchestration tools, keep an eye on internal storage access patterns, and do cloud audits to prevent misconfigurations from occurring in your cloud setup.
- Moreover, visibility into your data can be a challenge when it resides in the cloud. It is therefore of utmost importance to label and categorizes your data according to its level of sensitivity and confidentiality to keep vulnerabilities at bay. You can keep restricted access to data that is highly sensitive. With cohesive governance as the key, it is therefore important to re-envision security to drive value. You need to think like a hacker to stay ahead of the security curve. Know your cloud environment and try to keep an eye on what is happening in the cloud through frequent audits.
- Cloud security posture management (CSPM) includes tools and processes that solve cloud vulnerabilities due to misconfiguration, mismanagement, etc. thereby acting as a comprehensive approach to cloud security. If you are unsure about maintaining an optimal cloud security posture, you might want to consider partnering with a cloud security services partner especially if you are exposed to a multi-cloud environment or want to leverage more cloud-based solutions in the future.
Advantages Of Partnering With A Cloud Security Services Provider
- Sketch a strategic cloud security roadmap
- Programmatic and pragmatic approach
- Transparency and visibility across multiple clouds
- A thorough analysis of security risks
- Proactively adhere to legal compliances
- Boost your cloud-first resilience
- Advanced threat detection and mitigation
- Encryption and vulnerability management
- Access control and management
- Streamlined monitoring, alerting, and reporting
Develop Advanced Strategies To Ensure Cloud Security With Zymr
Extend cloud security at every layer of the data stack to make the cloud journey smooth and safe for businesses and customers. Our cloud security services and solutions can help your business to improve risk, enhance defenses, and innovate. We have worked closely with several leading companies to build cutting-edge, fit-for-purpose, cloud security solutions. Let’s strengthen your security posture.
Our Expertise In Security
Data We work with complex data security challenges in all forms including data-in-motion, data-in-use, and data-at-rest. We have worked with cloud security companies to build solutions covering CASB, DLP, advanced data encryption, e-discovery, and security compliance.Network We build network security solutions to protect web traffic, email traffic, and other network flows. Our previous experience in developing cloud security solutions includes Network DLP, and cybersecurity for IoT networks that analyze network flows to identify APTs.Application We build robust cloud app security solutions by targeting both web and mobile security threats. Zymr has developed and tested SaaS apps that follow standards laid out by the CSA or OWASP. Solutions include Enterprise RBAC using Enterprise LDAP/AD authentication or OpenID/oAuth2.Do you have something on your mind? Our well-curated suite of cloud security service offerings can help you overcome your cloud security challenges.