During this pandemic, the business landscape has started capitalizing upon the users' changed behavior and emerging digitalization trends. From budding startups to top-notch enterprises, every sized organization is seizing valuable opportunities to serve people in these tough times through digital platforms. For instance, mobile applications have appeared as a trustful companion amid lockdowns and social isolation. They are helping people in fulfilling their day-to-day needs with various on-demand apps and empower them to survive even in the worst situations. The inclination of people towards mobile app opportunities that have arisen during the crisis takes us to the fact that COVID-19 has triggered digitalization. This blog sheds light on the opportunities in the cloud app development industry and enterprise app industry that have outshined despite being surrounded by the clouds of the horrifying pandemic. Let’s check what these have done without any further ado.
COVID 19 - Cloud App Development and Enterprise App Industry
During the current crisis, cloud-based apps have helped people to stick to their daily schedules without any hindrances. Covid-19 and its domino effects have acted as the much-awaited catalyst for businesses that had been procrastinating on cloud adoption strategies and cloud-based apps. As remote work has become the new workplace, a menu in the grocery app becomes the aisle of a supermarket, Netflix turns into a non-stop movie theatre, and Instagram turns into a virtual place to hangout, cloud-based apps have turned into a trusted ally for all of us. In between the stringent lockdowns and social distancing measures, mobile apps have made our personal and professional life easier to an unbelievable extent. Cloud-based apps and enterprise apps have witnessed a steep hike in consumption during the Coronavirus outbreak. These apps facilitate remote employees by facilitating online meetings and instant messaging. Enterprise apps have helped organizations by improving productivity and efficiency keeping the business continuity intact. Prior to COVID-19, remote work was not acknowledged as the primary work culture in many of the companies but after the crisis, a new workplace reality appeared in the corporate world where the entire work setup has become online.
Let us walk you through some of the most buzzed applications:
Some of the most popular cloud-based apps that are making our lives easier are Walmart, Instacart, Netflix, Amazon Prime, WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Myspace, Spotify, etc. and enterprise apps like Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Dropbox, Zendesk, G-suite, Gmail, and Skype.
Let us walk you through some of the recent statistics:
- Bizcommunity stated that Covid-19 has made Netflix streaming to rise by 142%.
- Financial Express mentioned that Netflix has added over 15 million new subscribers amid COVID-19 lockdown.
- Zoom surpassed 300 million daily meeting participants and announced Zoom 5.0 with AES 256-Bit GCM encryption.
- GLG stated, Microsoft recently said that Skype consumer service was up 70%.
- NapoleonCat reported that in the United States, there were 233500000 active Facebook users and Instagram had 124200000 active users in March.
- TechCrunch mentioned that WhatsApp has seen a 40% increase in usage due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- App Annie quoted that as of April 5, 2020, Walmart grocery experienced a 460% growth in average daily downloads in comparison to its January 2020 performance.
- Siliconrepublic stated that Spotify’s subscribers surge due to a pandemic streaming boost. Spotify expects to see premium subscribers in the range of 133m to 138m in the next quarter.
- CRN reported that amid COVID 19 pandemic, AWS surpasses a $40 billion run rate.
- sdxcentral mentioned that Google Cloud Q1 revenue jumps 52%, unscathed by COVID 19.
To Wrap Up - Cloud has shown its worth during the onset of the COVID 19 crisis.
You’re now well aware that there's a silver lining to the ongoing pandemic that are the opportunities in cloud app development and enterprise app development. Even on the gloomiest of days, industries that have identified the digital ways to accelerate their businesses and are rigorously acting on seizing those opportunities will definitely come out stronger once the pandemic gets over. As only those businesses can survive in 2020 that never leave their customers and clients unattended.
Your quest for a top-notch cloud mobile app development company ends here!
Zymr’s cloud app development services take care of architecture, virtualization, and database – quickly and uniformly. With our robust technical expertise in building a flexible SaaS application, boost your chances of dominance through top-notch mobile application development services. Leverage our proven Agile methodologies to develop a transparent mobile app and stay updated as our team will assist you to monitor every sprint, code commitments, strategies, and design concepts. From ideation to launch, we make sure to transform your business ideas into a fruitful reality by building an excellent and power-packed mobile app, which suits your business needs and objectives perfectly.Contact our team today!